B4 Simulation of the failure of reinforced concrete structures under impact
An impact-specific, rate-dependent macroscopic formulation of the microplane model with consideration of the damaged and inelastic material response has to be derived. The dissipative properties are not negligible for the wave propagation in highly dynamically loaded structures.
For a realistic description of the macroscopic structural failure of strengthened concrete structures under impact with an extended microplane model and the discrete implementation of local damage with the eigenerosion approach, a large number of detail developments (material description in impact with microplane model for reinforced concrete and reinforcement layer, effective nonlocal description of extended inelasticity, formulation of eigenerosion for inelasticity) should be taken into account. Moreover, challenges in the combination of the methods (e.g. description of the wave propagation for selected modelling) need to be overcome.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Stochino, F., Qinami, A., Kaliske, M.: Eigenerosion for static and dynamic brittle fracture. Engineering Fracture Mechanics 182 (2017) 537-551.
- Qinami, A., Bryant, E., Sun, W., Kaliske, M.: Circumventing mesh bias by r- and h-adaptive techniques for variational eigenfracture. International Journal of Fracture 220 (2019) 129-142.
- Qinami, A., Pandolfi, A., Kaliske, M.: Variational eigenerosion for rate dependent plasticity in concrete modelling at small strain. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering (2019) DOI: 10.1002/nme.6271.
- Qinami, A., Kaliske, M.: Eigenerosion approach for Drucker-Prager plasticity. Proceedings of the 7th GACM Colloquium on Computational Mechanics (2017) Stuttgart, Germany.
- Qinami, A., Kaliske, M.: Mesh bias for the eigenerosion approach. Proceedings in Applied Mathematics and Mechanics (PAMM) (2018) Munich, Germany. DOI: 10.1002/pamm.201800414.
- Qinami, A., Kaliske, M.: A rate-dependent eigenerosion plasticity model for concrete. In Pijaudier-Cabot et al. (eds.) 10th International Conference on Fracture Mechanics of Concrete and Concrete Structures FraMCoS-X, Bayonne, France, 23-26 June, 2019. DOI: 10.21012/FC10.234109.
- Qinami, A., Kaliske, M.: An eigenerosion-plasticity approach to model constitutive behavior of concrete. ECCM-ECF (2018) Glasgow, United Kingdom.
- Qinami, A., Kaliske, M.: Eigenerosion for reinforced concrete under high dynamic loads considering viscoplasticity. COMPLAS2019 (2019) Barcelona, Spain.
- Qinami, A., Kaliske, M.: Modelling of concrete failure in terms of variational
eigenfracture by considering rate effects. PCM-CMM (2019) Krakow, Poland.