A3 Development and characterization of hybrid-fiber reinforced composites for structural strengthening against impact loading
The project aims to elaborate a holistic material concept for such composites to develop suitable matrices and to describe and adapt the composite behavior.
Specifically, the project deals with the development of hybrid concrete from textile reinforcement and ductile short fibers, the investigation of the influence of artificial defects or inclusions as well as the structure of matrix and reinforcement on fiber activation and energy dissipation. The material concept is to be based on a model description of the strength, deformation and fracture behavior of concretes with hybrid reinforcement.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Gong, T., Heravi, A.A., Alsous, G., Curosu, I., Mechtcherine, V.: The impact-tensile behavior of cementitious composites reinforced with carbon textile and short polymer fibers. MDPI Journal of Applied Sciences (2019) 9:4048.
- Gong, T., Hamza, A.A., Curosu, I., Mechtcherine, V.: Tensile behavior of hybrid fiber reinforced composites made of strain-hardening cement-based composites (SHCC) and carbon textile. Construction and Building Materials (2020) – under review
- Heravi, A.A., Fuchs, A., Gong, T., Curosu I., Kaliske, M., Mechtcherine, V.: Mechanical characterization of textile reinforced cementitious composites under impact tensile loading using the split Hopkinson tension bar. Cement and Concrete Composites (2020) – under review
- Gong, T., Heravi, A.A., Curosu, I., Mechtcherine, V.: Effect of textile reinforcement on the tensile behavior of strain-hardening cement-based composites (SHCC) under quasi-static and impact loading. 5th International Conference on Protective Structures ICPS4 (2018) Poznan, Poland.
- Gong, T., Hamza, A.A., Curosu, I., Mechtcherine, V.: On the synergetic action between strain-hardening cement-based composites (SHCC) and carbon textile reinforcement under tensile loading. In Pijaudier-Cabot et al. (eds.) 10th International Conference on Fracture Mechanics of Concrete and Concrete Structures FraMCoS-X, Bayonne, France, 23-26 June, 2019.
- Gong, T., Heravi, A.A., Curosu, I., Mechtcherine, V.: Bond properties of carbon yarns embedded in high-strength strain-hardening cement-based composite (SHCC) under quasi-static and high-speed pullout, 7th International Colloquium on Performance, Protection & Strength of Structures Under Extreme Loading Events (2019) Whistler, Canada.
- Heravi, A.A., Gong, T., Mechtcherine, V.: Mechanical characterization of textile rein-forced concrete (TRC) subject to dynamic tensile loading. 7th International Colloquium on performance, Protection & Strengthening of Structures Under Extreme Loading & Events – PROTECT (2019).
- Vo, M. P. D.; Sennewald, C.; Gong, T.; Hoffmann, G.; Curosu, I.; Mechterine, V.; Cherif, Ch.: 3D woven cellular structures as continuous reinforcement in cement-based composites subjected to impact loading. In: Proceedings. AUTEX 2019, Ghent (Belgium), June 11-15, 2019.