A1 Development and evaluation of 3D reinforcing structures for structural strengthening against impact loading
From left to right: CAD design; Laboratory tests; Cellular mesh
The aim of this part of the research project is the formulation of the material-structure-property relations and the development of methods and models for the design of cellular reinforcing structures (steel, carbon, aramid, high-strength PE) for impact-resistant mineral-bound ductile reinforcing layers and their experimental testing.
By varying the textile parameters of cellular structures (distance tissue, 3D wire tissue) and among other things, the fiber fineness, the combined use of the mentioned fibers in the x-, y- and z-direction as well as the consolidation of the lattice points, the energy absorption capacity and also the failure behavior of the cellular structures should be evaluated. For an impact-oriented surface design, functional coatings should be applied to the textile reinforcement structures for the purposeful adjustment of the adhesion properties to the concrete matrix.
By means of the identification of the characteristic values and model approaches for the determination of the energy absorption and the ductile failure behavior of the 3D reinforcement structures for impact resistant reinforcement layers, a deep understanding for the elucidation of the mechanisms of the deformation behavior and the energy absorption capacity is worked out. The material properties adapted to the textile construction are derived and applied as a basis for the design of standard matrix formulas and strengthening layers.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Vo, D. M. P.; Sennewald, C.; Hoffmann, G.; Cherif, Ch.: Fiber-based 3D cellular rein-forcing structures for mineral-bonded composites with enhanced structural impact tolerance. Journal of Civil and Environmental Engineering 12 (2018) 5. DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1340575, pp. 582-586
- Vo, M. P. D.; Sennewald, C.; Gong, T.; Hoffmann, G.; Curosu, I.; Mechterine, V.; Cherif, Ch.: 3D woven cellular structures as continuous reinforcement in cement-based composites subjected to impact loading. In: Proceedings. AUTEX 2019, Ghent (Belgium), June 11-15, 2019.
- Zierold, K.; Hering, M.; Vo, M. P. D.; Cherif, Ch.; Curbach, M.: Entwicklung neuartiger textiler Flächengebilde für impaktresistente Textilbetonbauteile. In: Proceedings. 24. Nationales SAMPE Symposium 2019, Dresden, 06.-07. Februar 2019.
- Vo, D. M. P.; Sennewald, C.; Hoffmann, G.; Cherif, Ch.: Fiber-based 3D cellular rein-forcing structures for mineral-bonded composites with enhanced structural impact toler-ance. In: Proceedings. 20. International Research Conference, Barcelona (Spain), May 17-18, 2018, pp. 1691-1695
- Kern, M., Weise D., Vo, D. M. P.: Reinforcing and protective woven fabrics for the build-ing industry. Aachen-Dresden-Denkendorf International Textile Conference, Dresden, 28. – 29. November 2019